Vincent Lim is the principal of Visual Text Architects (VTxT). He established the practice in 2010.
Between 2000 and 2010, he was a partner of VeTarchitecture after practising at Bedmar & Shi Designers/B&S&T Architects from 1994 to 2000.
Vincent graduated from the National University of Singapore in 1994 winning both the Singapore Institute of Architects Medal and the Board of Architects Prize.
Other accolades include:
- Certificate of Commendable Performance in the Board of Architects Professional Practice Examination (1999)
- Silver award in the 2003 SIA-ICI Colour Awards
- Honorary mention in the S3: Steel Space Structure Steel Pavilion Design Ideas Competition (2007)
- Nomination for Best Set Design for “Good People” in the 2008 Life Theatre Awards 2008
- Selection in URA’s “25 Under 45: The Next Generation” (2012) as an architect to watch
Vincent has also established himself as a writer. Besides contributing to design magazines since 1991, he was editor of 2 issues of The Singapore Architect, wrote the commemorative book for Changi Terminal 3, held an adjunct editor position with the Centre for Liveable Cities and was a member of the publication committee of the Singapore Institute of Architects magazine.
He has also taught at the Department of Architecture, National University of Singapore in both part-time and adjunct capacities.